Monday, April 7, 2008

Co-Workers????


Having been a nanny for 4 years, I haven't had to deal with "Co-Workers". Its a whole new world out there that I'm still learning to navigate through, and I have to tell you , I don't really like it. (which is kinda funny, because I really like people!)

I have a hard time when people don't see me as a person, or don't know the whole me, and that although I don't have children of my own, I basically raised 2 for 4 years, and although I don't have a complete education, I have life experience that some hopefully will never have.

Its been an ongoing problem dealing with WOMEN at my school. There is the trivial pettiness, which I can dodge, but its the overt rudeness, or outright disrespect that makes me want to seriously revert back to my High School days when I was a "Mean Girl"!!!

Its crazy, because as much as its a problem, I try to take the high road and avoid confrontation, and be the better person, but sometimes, I just want to yell at them and be like "ARE YOU SERIOUS" ??

Here we are trying to teach by example , and you are being a HORRIBLE role model in front of these children.

I had my one year evaluation, and brought up the problem, and when I suggested that the beginning of the year include some "TEAM BUILDING" games, etc. I was told by my director, it probably wouldn't work.

I just think that if some of these women saw me as one of them, if they knew more about me and my life, or even if I knew about them and their life, I might be more willing to accept their flaws...ha ha! ( because of course it's not my fault!)


Anyway, case in point, being back in a work environment has opened my eyes to another whole side of "WORK". And as I look for new employment for the next academic year, Ill keep my fingers crossed for wonderful coworkers..they do exist...right?


HAPPY MONDAY!




1 comment:

Mary McCready said...

Hey there, just wanted to share...I was sooooo worried when I left my tiny little private daycare with 3 co-workers and started at social services with many many more....although SOME are slicky and snobby, I have learned in the past year and 4 monhts that MOST of them are so nice and I really LOVE my team! So, YES there is a such thing as snice co-workers, I hope you find some soon. Some females are just SO immature and petty! :) Good luck!
Mary Westcott