Monday, March 31, 2008

Sloppy Jo's and Pretzel Rods


Book Club was cancelled today, so Jenn and i took it upon ourselves to come up with something to occupy our meeting time so we chose..BINGO. Although in the end, we were the only people that went..go figure.


Not just any BINGO, BINGO at St Catherine's..which is funny in itself if you ask me! probably because when i think about St Catherine's, i think about Chris Gates playing football for St Catherine's, and that was what...15 years ago???


We decided around noon, that we'd need our own "dotters" and some "lucky" objects or else we'd look "out of place", and we couldn't have that.. i mean, then if we won, they'd REALLY hate us!


Jenn's lucky items were.. bendable plush daisies..lol, and a beanie baby turtle.

Mine was, a snow globe with a pic of my mom and dad inside, and Riley's lucky care bear figurine..lol

* ( on a side note..some of the people's "lucky" items were INSANE. The woman sitting behind Jenn had about 10 TROLLS from the 1990's, and some women had piles of stuff with extravagant set ups.)


I have to admit not having a mother or grandmother that BINGO'd, i was a little nervous when they started calling crazy things like, "postage stamp", and "fireman's corner", and "outhouse", etc, Jenn sat across from me and didn't even flinch..She even told me that when they call "B-4" you reply "and after"..HA HA HA HA!!! (Shes definitely a closet bingo girl!)


Next time we go, I think i decided i want to bring my mom's ashes as my "lucky" thing!.. a great way to make it REALLY awkward!!! but she'd have a good time :) And Pretzel Rods seemed to be a big hit.. In North Carolina, they sell cigarette's as singles, but at BINGO, they sell Pretzel Rods as singles...i can get used to that. If we get there early next week, we're going to do dinner as well..Something about Sloppy Joe from a church that gets me every time!!!


Looking around the room was crazy, I believe Jenn's quote was "Wow, this is our community and I feel like we're in WEST VIRGINIA."


We had a blast, spent maybe $14 and were there ALL night, I'm just getting home now, and realized it was definitely BLOG-WORTHY!


I can't say I'm a "loser", but we were "non-winner's" tonight...


THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT MONDAY NIGHT!




2 comments:

Jennifer Sterling said...

So much fun!! I cannot wait until next time!

Lindsay Jane said...

Wow, that must have been quite an adventure with a fun ( read interesting) cross section of society. I wonder if I can find bingo in Utah...